3 actors : A, B, and C.
- A : My dear fellow citizens, a social scourge has been striking over the past few years, and it is our duty to eradicate it !
- B : What’s going on ?
- A : We cannot remain on the sidelines in a situation like ours ! (in such a situation)
- B : Yes, sure, but what are you talking about ?
- A : I am going to repeat it until I am blue in the face : we’d better be at the forefront of the battle against this horrendous evil !!!
- B : Will you cut it out already ? Stop yelling at me, and spill the beans : come on, what are you talking about ?
- C : He’s obviously speaking of that modern plague : non-voting, which is epidemic, especially amongst young people.
- A : You said it ! Figures speak for themselves : we’re on the road to ruin ! We have to push ahead with efforts to assert our rights !
- C : We cannot, and will not, let the democracy built with sweat and blood of our predecessors die by the apathy of this generation !
- B: But let’s face reality: our vote doesn’t count, does it ?… It isn’t one single vote that is going to change anything. Anyways, politicians are all the same, all untrustworthy…
- A: Shame on you! It is because of people like you, too lazy and misanthropic to actually make a positive change !
- C : Those who still refuse to take the necessary steps to fight for our rights are responsible for all the social ills that have made our society go downhill ! Come on, go vote with us ! The three of us are already an agent of progress !
B: Alright I’ll go with you.
- B : But … as much as I’d like to just vote and get rid of you two, I didn’t bother to register ! Not everyone is as committed as you. A and C, sharing dumbfoundedlooks: …
- B : You did remember to register before the limit date, did you ?
- A : Hum… my grandmother was sick and I had to look after her…
- C : … For my part, I had to … walk my dog every so often, and…
- B : … Well then, maybe we should all get back home and forget about this embarrassing moment shall we not?